Saturday, December 12, 2009

julie & julia




I just watched Julie & Julia and it was fantastic! I had heard mixed reviews from my friends, actually more of the people I talked to did not like it. But I loved it. I really liked the way the two stories were blended. It was really easy to follow and not confusing at all. Meryl Streep really brought Julia to life and Amy Adams was just so real as Julie.  

I love to cook. At one point I even considered culinary school. But I could not imagine cooking 524 recipes in 365 days...especially French recipes, while writing a blog about it. I remember watching Julia Child's show every Saturday on PBS. So, this movie really resonated with me. While looking at my numerous cookbooks tonight I realized that I do not have a copy of Mastering the Art of French Cooking, I must rectify this situation at once! I really want to try some of the recipes in the movie. The movie also made me realize how boring my blog must be. So, I want to say thank you to the few people who regularly read my blog and I will try to be more interesting. But I think I am a fundamentally boring person;) 


Have a happy Sunday! 








                                                                                                         (pic)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe people didn't like it. I looooooooooved it and was so inspired by it!

    ReplyDelete