Friday, August 14, 2009

welcome reception

The welcome reception I attended with the dean, director and my profs went very well. I decided to wear a simple [but professional] black dress. I always get really nervous and obsess way too much over any kind of networking event. I even made a couple of great connections! Two of the professors who specialize in my area of interest were really helpful. They even gave me an open invitation to their offices "just to chat"...YAY! I will definitely be taking advantage of those invitations. Can I say "great recommendation letters." I am starting a completely new field for me and I was super nervous about it, but after talking to several of the profs I am getting excited about it. I may have to work/study harder than I usually do but for the first time I think I am going to fit right into this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment