Wednesday, July 15, 2009

disappointment

Movies based on books always do this to me...

Well, I saw Harry Potter today and I am a little disappointed. I did not see it in IMAX because it is not released in IMAX until July 29th. After seeing it I am glad I did not spend $15 for an IMAX ticket. I have anxiously waited 2 years to see this movie. It was a good movie, especially if you have not read the books. Unfortunately, if you are a lover of the books (like me) then the movie is a let down. I realize that they have to make some changes and an adaptation is never going to be just like the book. But they changed some really major stuff. At least, it was a matinee and I did not pay full price. And I have some friends who have not read the books and they loved it. Now I have to wait another year for the next movie. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I'm a late bloomer when it comes to the Potter franchise. I'm working my way through the books right now (currently on Goblet of Fire) and am waiting til I'm done reading Half-Blood Prince to see the movie. I've noticed that the first 3 movies left out alot too. If I hadn't read the books, I would have been pretty confused about most of the storylines.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete