Friday, July 17, 2009

insomniac

I am a night owl by nature and have never been a morning person. Lately, it seems like when the sun goes down I am wide awake. Part of the problem is I have 5,478,921 things racing through my mind. I have a big move coming up (from Chicago to GA) and I am trying to figure out the logistics of that. In the past 3 months my life has gone crazy and the direction of my life has done a 180. And I have never been able to "clear" my mind or meditate or anything like that. So, I find myself reading entire books at night or watching QVC or cheesy infomercials. By the way, there is absolutely NOTHING on tv at 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning. I actually function better on less sleep. I usually only get a max of 5 hrs of sleep anyway. But lately I am not getting any at all or just an hour or 2. I have tried all of the tricks: a warm bath, no tv or comp 30 min before bed, relaxing music, etc. I do not want to take a sleeping pill because I do not even like to take Tylenol or Advil for a headache. So, I am open to suggestions. Let me know what works for you when you cannot sleep. Thanks!
-e-



***at 4:30 this morning i was finding a new design for my blog. i am still really new at this and i felt like an idiot trying to get the pre-made template downloaded and installed. so, how do you like it? i thought it was really cute and summery! and unfortunately i am still wide awake. i should probably get off of the computer. i think i will read my bible some and work on my study of the book of romans.***

1 comment:

  1. thank you for your sweet comment!! i'm glad i'm an inspiration to someone. :) have a great week.

    ReplyDelete