Tuesday, June 15, 2010

remembering


I cannot believe it has been a year.
One year ago today the man who stood in as my dad, Uncle D, passed away.
I know they say the first year is the hardest.
I think Aunt J, the boys, and I have all coped fairly well.
It helps knowing he had a relationship with Jesus and
that he is not in any pain in heaven.
But we really miss him here.


Life is but a stopping place,
A pause in what's to be,
A resting place along the road,
to sweet eternity.
We all have different journeys,
Different paths along the way,
We all were meant to learn some things,
but never meant to stay...
Our destination is a place,
Far greater than we know.
For some the journey's quicker,
For some the journey's slow.
And when the journey finally ends,
We'll claim a great reward,
And find an everlasting peace,
Together with the lord

Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment