Thursday, June 24, 2010

long 4 weeks...

Term B is going to be a LONG 4 weeks!
I have probably mentioned before that I loathe online classes.
You do triple the work and do not learn anything.
I would much rather have to actually go to class every night.
If you have not guessed yet my class this term is online.
I am taking International Business.
I did not want to take this class online but that is the only way they offered it.
Now, I am actually getting a concentration in Int'l Business.
So, this class should be a piece of cake, right?!

Well, it would be if the prof was not trying to fit all of the material of a regular semester into FOUR WEEKS.
In 4 weeks, we have:
10 quizzes
2 negotiations
3 small papers
1 20-pg research paper
& any "extra" assignments necessary

That does not seem like a terrible amount of stuff until you see what actually goes into those assignments.
For 1 quiz we have to read 3 chapters, go over corresponding powerpoints w/ audio, & watch 2-4 videos.

So, if I drop off the face of the blogging world for the next 4 weeks just know that I am literally glued to my computer.
But the one GREAT thing about summer term is that it is ONLY 4 weeks.
So, in 28 days this class will be over!!!
{I am not promising to be a very nice person during those 28 days though!}

This is how I feel somedays...then I remember I hate public speaking;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of online courses either, but unfortunately the whole program I'm doing is online. We have to do group projects through messageboards and e-mails - ugh. I hate group projects anyway but trying to organize things online? It's awful! Good luck with your course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! Thanks for the well wishes for my hubs!

    ReplyDelete