Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2013 holiday season

I had an absolutely fabulous holiday season! 
Christmas was great. 
New Year was great. 
And all the time between was great. 
Are you getting the gist?! 
I think I need to use "great" at least one more time in this post! ;)

One of the perks of working at a university 
is the 2 week vacation at Christmas! 
Of course, getting paid for no work is already a perk. 
But this was D and I's first Christmas season together. 
Our 8 month anniversary was on Christmas day! 

We spent the entire week 
between Christmas and New Year's Day together. 
I was a little worried that we would get sick of each other 
or that one of us would get tired of the other, 
but I worried for no reason. 
It was actually super relaxing. 
We did not make a lot of plans and just really enjoyed doing nothing most days. 

The weekend before Christmas, D and I 
went to my hometown and did Christmas with my family there. 
Then on Christmas Eve, 
I exchanged presents with my best friends 
and then went to D's extended family Christmas. 
Just a sampling of presents ...
I got a Keurig!!
Christmas morning we went to D's parents' house to open presents 
and then just lounged around in our pajamas the rest of the day. 

The week between Christmas and New Year was my favorite. 
We sat around the fire one night 
and roasted marshmallows, made s'mores, and drank coffee. 
D's fire pit
S'mores!

Mmmmm ... Coffee! 
We went hunting that Saturday. 
Neither D nor I killed anything but we still had fun. 
In the woods, waiting on the deer
Then Monday, we went up to Augusta. 
We walked along the Savannah River, donated blood, 
and ended the day with some Coldstone ice cream. 
Meet D! 

Random river walk shots

More river walk shots ...
I must have a thing for pathways

Donating blood

Reward for donating blood!
New Year's Eve we had a big fire at D's parents' house. 
Around midnight, we all set his parents' Christmas tree on fire. 
That will definitely make you more cautious 
about Christmas trees. 
That thing went up in a second and it was a huge flame. 
I was helping D put it on the fire, so I did not get a single picture. 
The New Year fire before the Christmas tree 
It was so hard going back to work on the 2nd. 
I still have not fully recovered! 
I am definitely looking forward to more weeks like that one! 

I hope y'all had a GREAT holiday season! :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a great Christmas! I find it so strange to look at Christmas pictures without snow ;) We've had a major storm almost every weekend since the middle of November and it's been so cold here … it would be heavenly to be able to spend so much time outside over Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Keurig! Do you love it?

    Also, on the hunting - will you please please consider warning readers if you post a trophy pic? I get hunting and I eat meat and I know what has to happen for it to be food but the dead animals just GET me! It's too real which I know is dumb but I at least need to be prepared, ha!

    So glad you and the bf didn't get sick of one another. A week is a really long time! I love my husband and I almost got sick of him after the two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK you win for best holiday season! Great vacation, indeed! Glad you had such a wonderful few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete