Tuesday, January 21, 2014

weekend in savannah

D's birthday was last week 
and we celebrated by 
spending the weekend in Savannah. 

We had SO much fun 
and ate way too much! 

Friday: We ate at Chipotle! 
If you have read my blog for any length of time, 
you know Chipotle is my favorite restaurant. 
D is such a good sport about letting me eat here 
every single time we go anywhere that 
has a Chipotle in a 30 mile radius. 
Then we just relaxed at the hotel. 

Saturday: Was our busy day! 
We ate lunch at Molly McPherson's Scottish Pub ... 
D's favorite place to go in Savannah.  
D had the Scottish combo 
(Scotch egg, Guinness battered onion rings, & a meat pie) 
and the fish and chips. 
I had the shepherd's pie. 
Everything was delicious! 
Molly McPherson's

Then we walked around City Market and downtown Savannah. 
City Market

City Hall

We stopped in Lulu's Chocolate Bar for afternoon coffee and dessert. 
Lulu's is one of my absolute favorite places in Savannah 
and D had never been. 
It is now one of his favs as well! 
So much so, that we stopped by here on Sunday too. 
First stop at Lulu's
{white chocolate chip cheesecake & dark chocolate salted caramel almond cake}

After Lulu's we walked around some more, wasting time until our 
Savannah Walks Ghost Tour. 
If you ever visit Savannah, you have to do one of the ghost tours. 
There are a million different tours you can take, 
but we always prefer the walking ones. 
D and I had a great time on the tour. 
Our guide was very knowledgeable and kept it entertaining. 
Ghost tour

After the tour, we walked back to City Market 
and ate pizza at Vinnie Van Go Go's. 

We walked for 7 hours Saturday. 
I swear my hips were hurting Sunday morning. 
At least we walked off most of the calories we ingested!

Sunday: Was a lazy day. 
We ate lunch at Five Guys Burger & Fries. 
D had planned on eating at another pub for lunch, 
but they were closed on Sundays. 
We both decided a burger & fries sounded great 
after all the stuff we ate Saturday. 
Then we walked around downtown some more 
and stopped by the cemetery in the daytime.
   
Stopped by Lulu's again
Second Lulu's stop.
{Big chocolate chip cookie & chocolate espresso creme brulee}
Doing what bloggers do! 
D snapped this one of me! 
Lulu's has the BEST coffee! 

Then walked down River Street. 
Love this guy! 
River Street

We ended our Savannah weekend 
with Coldstone ice cream! 

I love living so close to Savannah. 
It really is a great city, 
with a ton of history. 
I need three-day weekends more often! 


I know, I know ... it's Tuesday! 

2 comments:

  1. FUN! Savannah is the next place that I want to visit. And every city I go to I take a ghost tour so this post is perfect! Looks like you had a blast. Happy belated bday to him :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this Lulu's place in my life. I love chocolate and good coffee so it sounds like wins all the way around!

    ReplyDelete