Thursday, March 4, 2010

little ole me♥

One of my more recent finds in the blogging world is a super cute blog called Confessions of Jenny!
In yesterday's blog post, she asked her readers to answer a few questions about themselves so we could get to know each other better. If anyone else would like to join the fun I will add the questions at the bottom of this post! Just let me know in a comment if you answer them on your blog.

  1. Do you have any nicknames? What are they? Where did they come from?
    • Probably the one that gets used the most is Grace. You would think with a wonderful name like Grace it would be something good, right?! Sadly, this is not the case. I was born with 2 left feet. I am SUPER clumsy. I worked in a bookstore and they banned me from the gifts. I could not even dust the shelves the gifts were on. {well that was a little bonus:)} Anytime we moved as a family, they would not put fragile on the boxes with breakables, they would write "Grace do not touch!" Yeah...it really is that bad!!
    {the antithesis of me}
  2. If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass onto your children, what would it be?
    • I would have to say my determination/individuality. These two kind of go hand in hand for me. I was determined to get out of my hometown and to make something of myself. I am the first one in my family to attend and graduate from college. So, all throughout school, I had a single goal to make good grades so I could go to college. I did not hang out with the popular crowd and go to parties or date the guy of the week. I was not unpopular. I just did my work, kept my head down, and got out of there as fast as I could. I never wanted to fit into the IN crowd. 
  3. If you could have any celebrity for a father or mother, who would you pick?
    • Hmmm...I would have to say Ronald Reagan. I know that is not a typical celebrity, but hey...President of the United States! I greatly admire and respect Reagan and would have loved to have conversations with him around the supper table.
  4. Name your 3 favorite blogs.
  5. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
    • A lawyer. I even completed my first year of law school last year. I figured out that it just was not for me. I really loved my theory classes. But I HATED my practical classes. {you know the ones where you do ALL of the stuff lawyers do everyday...yeah those} So, I talked with some of my professors and I prayed. A. LOT. and came to the decision to not continue with law school. That was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made in my life because I have literally wanted to be a lawyer since I was 5. Now I am pursuing my MBA and after this summer I only have 7 more classes until graduation...YAY!!!
{click on the images for the source}

Here are the questions for you to copy and paste:
1. Do you have any nicknames? Explain. :)
2. If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass onto your children, what would it be?
3. If you could have any celebrity for a father and mother, who would you pick?
4. Name your 3 favorite blogs.
5. What did you want to be when you were growing up?

{If you do not want to do a whole post on the questions just answer one or two in a comment. I would love to get to know all of you a little better!}

3 comments:

  1. I am so honored! :) And I agree, I would much rather my children want to be the best "them" they could be, rather than try and blend in with the crowd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. No way. Back in my days as a cocktail waitress, my nickname was Grace and for the EXACT same reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute blog!!! I love your banner at the top. I honestly can't get over how adorable it is. Good luck with your MBA and way to have the courage to step out of law school when you knew it wasn't right. I'm such a people pleaser, that would be incredibly difficult for me.

    ReplyDelete