Monday, May 10, 2010

whirlwind weekend

This past weekend and week has been a whirlwind of activity.
I survived yet another round of finals.
One day my body is going to just stop functioning on less than 3 hours of sleep a night.

Saturday was the BFF's graduation!

Approximately 2,500 students graduated Saturday.

She LOVED her grad present!

Saturday afternoon I drove down to the farm and met the horses for the first time!!
I did not get here until late Saturday night so I waited until Sunday afternoon to go for a ride.
We were supposed to get 3 horses, but sadly one of them died at the rescue.
They think she must of ate something because she was on the mend.
It is crazy that I had not even met Dixie yet and I was crushed when they told me.


The brown horse is rebel and the grey horse is Phantom.
They are both rescue horses and have the best dispositions!
As I mentioned in an earlier post, Phantom cannot be ridden.
We have only had them since last Monday and they are already spoiled.

Rebel

Phantom

Lazy Sunday afternoon ride!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful horses! I used to work with a lot of rescue horses back east and I would LOVE to adopt now but I don't have my own place and board is way too expensive! I'm surprised my husband lets me keep my one horse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your BFF! And those are gorgeous photos! Did you ever receive your giveaway win?

    ReplyDelete