Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's Weekend

Rose from D
This past week and weekend have been crazy busy. 
To start things off I had two snow/ice days off from work. 
The weather got pretty bad here Wednesday. 
The 'Boro only got ice, no snow. 
But that meant my apartment was out of power for nine hours Wednesday. 
I was lucky though, some people were out of power for a few days. 

However, I was freaking out a little bit. 
I was expecting my first out-of-town guests, in my new apartment, to arrive on Thursday. 
And not having power would have put a LITTLE hitch into my plans. 
But, luckily, my power was restored Wednesday night and Isa, Lincoln, and baby Luke had plenty of heat and water on their visit! 

The reason I had guests this past weekend is D was in a play for our local community theater. 
The musical was called Heartbreaks and Hallelujahs and ran 
Feb 13 - Feb 15. 
D did such an awesome job!! 
I know as his girlfriend, I may be a little biased. 
But everyone else, including complete strangers, raved about how well he did. 
In my opinion, he stole the show! 
Friday night, my friends and I attended the play and it was the perfect way to spend Valentine's Day. 
The theater served champagne at intermission and one of the local florists gave a rose to all the ladies in attendance. 


I had such a great time with Isa and Lincoln on their visit. 
Isa and I have been friends for about 13 years and I helped plan/coordinate her wedding. 
Wedding posts ... {1,2,3,4}
Luke is such a happy baby and such a trooper. 
He made it through D's play like a champ Friday night. 
I loved getting a good dose of baby snuggles this weekend. 
They went home Saturday afternoon in order to get Luke back on his schedule after the busy weekend. 
Luke shopped 'til he dropped! 
Saturday night I went back to see D's play again. 
Yes, it was that good! 
His family was there that night as well to see him and they all loved the play. 

D and I were both exhausted after the play and hosting guests. 
So, we slept late Sunday and cooked a nice brunch. 
It was nice to just relax Sunday! 
Sunday Brunch ...
{french toast, eggs, bacon, & cheese grits}




No comments:

Post a Comment