Wednesday, January 26, 2011

the fun theory

There is a set of stairs, with a moving escalator next to it .... both of which lead to the same spot on the floor of the upper level. 
At first no one took the stairs, almost 97% of the people took the escalator. 
Okay. 
I think that could be a normal expected result. 
Then a group of engineers got together, and decided they wanted to change the percentage around. 
Notice what these scientists did. 
Clever huh. 
And now they have reversed the percentages, as a whopping 66% more people take the stairs, than ride the escalator.
{description from FB}


3 comments:

  1. One of my friends posted this on Facebook...heck, I know I'd take those stairs! I'd probably get one heck of a workout since I would surely have to play a song! Up, down, up, up, up, DOWN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, why wouldn't you take the escalator unless the stairs were more fun? I wouldn't. I'm never in THAT much of a hurry. This is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this video a while ago, I think it's a great idea, if it gets people taking stairs again.

    Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home

    ReplyDelete